The season is up and running and most teams have been in action so far


Coaches this year are Seán Óg de Paor and Colin McCaul, and although we have a very young team they are packed with quality. So far we have one outing against St. Josephs Nun’s Island and although we put up a good performance against what is a very god team we ended up losing out by four points. Still, plenty of promise shown and the team will be hoping to improve as she season goes on.

November 2012

Mary’s ran into a powerful Roscommon CBS in the first round of the Connacht League, and came up short in their efforts to defeat them in a match played in Knocnacarra. We were very sluggish to begin with, and despite their long journey the Roscommon boys hit the ground running, giving us a lesson in how to start a match. Indeed, they had amassed seven points before we could offer any kind of reply, and by then we were chasing the game. And chase we did, as we fought back strongly but were unable to bridge the considerable gap.


Coaches this year are Ger Lennon, Anthony Carey and Pat O’Toole, and there are high hopes for this very talented team. So far they have had one outing were they over came a very strong St. Joseph’s team in the City Cup semi-final following a storming second half performance. In what was a great end to end match we eventually emerged victorious on a 5 – 11 to 4 – 9 scoreline, thanks in no small measure to a fantastic virtuoso performance from the St. Mary’s centre-forward Paul Healy  who scored 3 – 6 for his team (and missed a penalty!!). Next up will be the City cup final.


This year’s team will be coached by Ronan Faherty and Ger Lennon.

First Year:

Coached by Seán Armstrong and Paul Concannon the first year team are still finding their feet but have already made a winning start in a match against the Jes.

November 2012

St. Mary’s College 1 -2 Presentation Headford 0 – 8

Our first year team must still be scratching their heads and wondering how they managed to lose this match, one that they totally dominated throughout the second half. Down 1-0 to 0-7 at half time they hit a very good Headford team with all they had for the entire second half, and yet could not find the composure in front of goal to take the all important scores needed to carve out a victory. All-in all we missed four scorable 20m frees,two of them right in front of the posts, as well as a dying moments penalty, and seemed to be just short of the killer touch in a multitude of goalmouth scrambles. This was a very good Headford team, but they were made to look very ordinary by our battling first years, who hopefully will take a lot of consolation from their performance and come back stronger the next day out..